We are so excited that the Market will move forward this year. However, we need to make sure that everyone stays safe and healthy. To that end, we are following all the latest rules and regulations from our local and state health departments as well as guidelines from the Washington State Farmers Market Association.
Here is what you can expect from the Market:
- Modified layouts to ensure 10’ between vendor booths for greater distancing.
- Arrange booths in single line (instead of a U) to define clear entry/exit flow.
- Limited number of vendors (to be assessed and regulated by the market manager, market logistics committee and board of directors).
- Limited market entrances to control the capacity and foot traffic of each market (potentially cap the number of shoppers to 30 at a time).
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the Market Manager tent, with public hand washing stations available at entrance and exit.
- There is no sampling until further notice.
- No music, entertainment, cooking demos, public seating areas or restrooms.
- Market staff will be assigned to conduct regular and ongoing checks for handwashing stations, proper bleach solutions, and sanitizing supplies in addition to our regular food safety controls.
Here is what you can expect from your Vendors:
- All vendors and staff must wear protective face masks and gloves.
- Only vendors and staff may handle produce and products.
- At least 2 staff at each booth to separate sales and product handling.
- There should be a 3-foot barrier (e.g., table) between customers and food.
- Each booth should have an established ‘entrance’ and ‘exit’.
- Vendors and staff must limit the number of customers in front of booths at any given time. Limit to 2-3 shoppers, spaced at least 6 ft apart.
- Vendors and LCFM staff will politely ask customers to keep moving so we can serve as many shoppers as possible.
- Of course, no sampling or eating on premises.
- Vendors are asked to prioritize cashless and cardless payment methods. Venmo/paypal and Apple Pay would be helpful.
- Surfaces and ‘high touch’ items such as tables, POS terminals, cash boxes, etc. must be sanitized regularly and after every transaction.
- After handling payment, each person should avoid touching their eyes, nose, or mouth until they have washed their hands.
- Vendors will be asked to consider providing individual handwashing stations or antiseptic hand rubs for their booth.
Here is what the Market expects from our Customers:
Before the market:
- Make a list.
- Pre-order and prepay from vendors if possible. Our Online Directory will be available shortly.
- Designate one shopper per household. Please avoid bringing children.
- Service dogs are permitted otherwise leave your pets at home.
- Bring reusable bags – these are permitted, but you will be the only person touching them. Make sure to wash them regularly.
- Check yourself – stay home if you are sick or if you’ve been in contact with someone who is sick.
- Pack your mask!
During the market:
- Maintain 6 feet of space at all times. This is crucial! Look for physical cues like tape, chalk, and signs all around you as a reminder.
- Please be alert! The market has major modifications and there are new signs to help you move through the market.
- Do not touch the products, the vendors will help you.
- Of course, no sampling or eating at the market.
- Shop quickly and efficiently. This isn’t the time to chat. Big smiles welcome (under your masks)!
- Wash hands often with soap & water for at least 20 seconds especially after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- No public restrooms will be available.
- Use hand wash stations throughout the market.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, with at least 60% alcohol. Find some at the Market Manager tent.
- Wear a face mask.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face in general.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of it.