Our Mission and Values
"The Leavenworth Community Farmers Market (Der Bauernmarkt) is designed to increase access to fresh, locally produced foods and other products of local labor for all people. We strive to serve culturally and economically diverse populations, and bring together families, neighbors, visitors and local food producers to create community and social gathering; to enhance our quality of life and foster a sustainable local economy."
Goals for 2018:
1. Education and Outreach: Get the word out about the importance of supporting local farmers, artists and businesses which include: the benefits to individual overall health, of keeping local money supporting the local economy and the importance of healthy, sustainable, responsible agriculture.
2. Strengthen our SNAP(supplemental nutrition assistance program) to increase the diversity of market goers and help make local, healthy food available for ALL.
3. Continue to offer FREE kids and family activities EVERY market!
4. Expand fundraising and community support to provide financial support for our infrastructure, provide living wages for staff, and pursuit of 501-C3 status by 2019.
5. Fill all of our Special Program Sponsorships to empower us to offer great monthly events, musician stipend program, quality youth education programs and effective market advertising.
Who We Are
The LCFM is comprised of a volunteer Board of Directors and a Market Manager. Our board is a group of passionate community members, dedicated to helping local farmers, artisans and food vendors connect to the greater Leavenworth community. Welcome new 2018 Board Members: Molly Hemler, Austin Donohue, Marcy Ostrum, Brittany Thurlow, Jason Williams and Colin Sternagle. We're excited to have your skills and positive energy helping direct the market for the 2018 Market Season. A huge thank you to our past board members: Jessica Kendall, Eron Drew, Laura Lentz and Alex Huller for ALL the amazing energy and love you put into the market, we appreciate you!